Functional Apparel Sewing Studio Technician
Verve Motion is building a world-class team to commercialize wearable solutions that empower the way people move in the world. Our first product is a lightweight, connected wearable system that can be worn all day, every day by industry associates to reduce fatigue, mitigate risk of injury, and augment performance.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Functional Apparel Sewing Studio Technician. In this role, you will be a key part of the Functional Apparel team working on sample-making, small-batch production, prototype development, and studio coordination for next-generation wearable systems to protect and empower our workforce.
- Work closely with the Functional Apparel team, as well as a cross-functional team of engineers, to develop a first-of-its-kind wearable device.
- Plan and sew small-batch product runs for wear-testing and internal use; fill the gap between development and production.
- Prepare mock-ups and create sample prototypes for review.
- Be the sewing expert and contribute ideas for construction improvements for manufacturing.
- Rule the sewing studio; initiate sewing machine and tool maintenance or repairs.
- Organize and maintain material sample inventory and sewing studio stock.
- Track and manage prototypes, sample inventory, field repairs, and archive items.
- Work proactively with our product and field teams to support wear-testing needs.
- Support other Functional Apparel design and development needs on a fluid, as needed basis.
You Are (or You Have):
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in apparel design, costume design, industrial design, or related field; 2 years additional product creation experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 0-3+ years of experience in sewing, sample making, costume building, bag construction or related field; experience with wearable tech, integrating hard and soft materials or foams and bulky items with fabric is a plus.
- Strong sewing and apparel construction skills and are comfortable using industrial sewing machines.
- Knowledge of pattern making, fit, and materials – knit, woven, non-woven – is highly desired.
- Organized team player with strong attention to detail and highly developed sense of process.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously, react to urgent requests, and self-manage workloads for deadlines.
- Desire to jump into hands-on, collaborative projects with a willingness to contribute where needed.
- Ability to interact professionally with colleagues within the team and across diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Continued learning mindset and transparent and open communication.
- Proficient in Illustrator, MS Office Suite, and Google Suite; PLM systems, pattern making software (Gerber and/or Optitex), InDesign are a plus.
- The opportunity to make an immediate and visible impact in a fast-growing company with lots of potential.
- Passionate and fun teammates.
- Generous premium coverage for medical and dental plans.
- Wear robots at work!
Verve is dedicated to building a diverse team of individuals who are committed to contributing to an inclusive environment. Some of our core values include respect for all, serving the greater good, and welcoming individuals from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you do not check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply.