Senior Software Engineer
Verve develops soft wearable robotic devices that empower the way people move in the world. Our first product is a lightweight wearable exosuit that can be worn all day, every day by industry associates to reduce fatigue, mitigate risk of back injuries and augment human performance. We are working to perfect the marriage of robotics, human biology, and fashion apparel in an exciting new way. Our products are based on research spun out of Harvard University, and we are funded by leading venture capital firms.
Verve is looking for a highly motivated Senior Software Engineer. This engineer will be the lead developer for several important pieces of our software infrastructure, including our SafeLift Gateway embedded linux appliances, backend APIs, and internal tools. You’ll work in an agile, collaborative environment to turn requirements and design into innovative applications, and support those applications for our highly valued customers.
If you like robots, wearables, and embedded development for linux you may be the perfect fit!
Note: This is not a remote position.
- Lead software development across several domains - backend APIs, internal tools, and embedded services
- Breakdown problem statements, outline optimal solutions, account for tradeoffs and edge cases, and efficiently implement solutions
- Build efficient and reusable abstractions and systems
- Identify and address performance bottlenecks
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Are excited to work in a fast-paced, fast-growing startup
- Have passion and experience for building robust, secure systems to deploy in real-world environments
- Work closely with the technical product manager and the rest of the software team to take requirements from conception to implementation
- Have excellent communication and organizational skills
- Have strong analytical, problem-solving and multitasking skills
- An ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in building, testing, debugging, and delivering production code in C++, Golang or Python
- Proficient with embedded Linux development and configuration, security, and cloud APIs
- Must obtain work authorization at the time of hire and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related fields