Senior Frontend Engineer
Verve develops soft wearable robotic devices that empower the way people move in the world. Our first product is a lightweight wearable exosuit that can be worn all day, every day by industry associates to reduce fatigue, mitigate risk of back injuries and augment human performance. We are working to perfect the marriage of robotics, human biology, and fashion apparel in an exciting new way. Our products are based on research spun out of Harvard University, and we are funded by leading venture capital firms.
Verve is looking for a highly motivated Senior Frontend Engineer. This engineer will be the lead developer for our customer-facing web app, working on converting complex designs into responsive code. You’ll work in an agile, collaborative environment to turn requirements and design into innovative applications, and support those applications for our highly valued customers.
If you like robots, wearables, and data analytics you may be the perfect fit!
Note: This is not a remote position.
- Lead development of web application to query, analyze, and display data via dashboards to internal and external stakeholders
- Breakdown problem statements, outline optimal solutions, account for tradeoffs and edge cases, and efficiently implement solutions
- Build efficient and reusable front-end abstractions and systems
- Identify and address performance bottlenecks
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Are excited to work in a fast-paced, fast-growing startup
- Have passion and experience for building responsive, elegant and engaging experiences with future-friendly web technologies.
- Work closely with the technical product manager and the rest of the software team to take requirements from conception to implementation and design and improve user interfaces.
- Have excellent communication and organizational skills
- Have strong analytical, problem-solving and multitasking skills
- Perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient with frontend frameworks, interfacing with backend APIs, and manipulation and visualization of data
- Must obtain work authorization at the time of hire and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related fields