Senior Electrical Engineer
Verve is building a world-class team to commercialize wearable solutions that empower the way people move in the world. Our first product is a lightweight, connected wearable system that can be worn all day, every day by industry associates to improve worker safety, and experience. Verve is growing and launching partnerships with some of the leading companies in the world to augment and protect their workforce and we have the unique potential to change the lives of millions of workers. Verve is dedicated to building a diverse team of individuals who are committed to contributing to an inclusive environment and value respect for all, serving the greater good, and welcoming individuals from a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
● Design electronic PCBs and systems for wearable products. These includes design, VNV, DFM, and production
● Create highly reliable, maintainable, and testable PCBs.
● Circuit design, PCB design, debugging, collect and analyze data to develop reliable systems.
● Partner with engineers and product managers to develop features that enable scaling Verve's product. ● Lead electrical component roll out following industry best practices.
● Develop best practices for electrical engineering, release, and quality
● Lead and contribute to design productization as we transition from prototype-volume/MVP to scaled production
● Help to institute and improve engineering best practices using industry experience following a quality-driven stage gate process
● Work with Product and Finance to understand the key drivers of COGS and develop a plan for long-term cost reduction of electrical assemblies
● Work across disciplines developing detailed electrical engineering requirements.
● BSc in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
● Understanding of hardware design for embedded processors, signal filtering, sensors, serial communication standards, EMI, Motor control.
● Experience with medium-volume products shipping 1,000s to 10,000s units annually ● Have experience working with contract manufacturers, particularly in lower-cost regions
● 5+ years of experience in product design and development for the industry
● Ability to communicate and analyze test results to a broader team
● Experience in the use of analysis/measurement tools such as oscilloscopes, data loggers, electronic loads and spectrum analyzers.
● Designed PCBs
● Proficiency in circuit design and analysis tools (e.g. Altium)
● Understand cost implications during the design stage ● Experience in embedded systems / robotics / sensing / IOT is a plus
● Experience working in start-up environments building and scaling products and services is a plus.
● Competitive salary and stock options.
● Generous premium coverage for medical and dental insurance.
● Unlimited PTO
● The opportunity to make an immediate impact in a fast-growing start-up and industry.
● Wear robots at work! We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Feeling uneasy that you haven’t ticked every box? That’s okay, we’ve felt that way too. Studies have shown women and minorities are less likely to apply unless they meet all qualifications. We encourage you to break the status quo and apply to roles that would make you excited to come to work every day.